If you want to make a large flan, use six eggs instead of four
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. water
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups hot milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C)
- In a small saucepan, dissolve 1/2 cup sugar, cook until caramelized. Pour a thin layer in the bottom of each of six ramekins, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, blend 1/3 cup sugar, salt, and eggs, add the milk while stirring. Heat without boiling.
- Put 2 marshmallow halves in the bottom of each ramekins.
- Pour the custard through a sieve into ramekins and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put the ramekins to stand in a baking dish with 1-inch (2.5cm) hot water, and cook in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and turn out onto individual plates. Garnish with marshmallow slices and fresh fruit.